Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey 2007
It’s that time once again when the thumpers shatter the silence on the Himalayan range. The Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey 2007 is all set for a group of more than 50 Enfields that will be making their way up north.
In its fourth edition, the main theme is an exhilarating experience, the underlying emphasis is on safety in every aspect of the ride. Whether it is planning of the route or execution of the ride, Royal Enfield provides service and medical back up to provide confidence not just to the first time participants but also to their friends and family. The Himalayan Odyssey has expert and experienced pilots to guide the group in various areas of bike riding and coping with the weather and terrain.
The Himalayan Odyssey is open for foreign nationals as long as they have a valid passport and visa, you do need a bike as well.
Luggage on Person:
You should be carrying the following items with you on your person all the time -
- Pocket knife
- Matches, lighter
- Basic first aid kit with essential medicines, or your prescribed medication if you are on medication
- Mosquito repellent
- Water bottle with water
- A light high energy snack
- Spare pair of socks
- Piece of rope
- Spare bike key (you could also keep this with us or a friend)
- Spare spectacles, lens cleaning and carrying solution, if you wear glasses or contact lenses.
- Anything else you would need between the time of your reaching the destination and the arrival of the support vehicle.
- Camera/phone and spare power supply, chargers, memory storage devices films, tapes etc.
Individual needs will vary but we have found the following list to be sufficient for our preferences. (Apart from the clothes you wear, riding gear, and bike spares and tools)
- Three pairs of underclothes
- Three pairs of socks
- Pair of shorts
- An additional trouser
- Two/three additional T shirts or shirts
- Sweatshirt or sweater
- Sneakers or floaters
- Tooth brush and tooth paste.
- Free luggage space if you intend to shop/carry memorabilia from the trip
- Sleeping bag or blanket (optional as we provide bedding at all destinations)
Procedure for applying for Himalayan Odyssey
Fill up the Himalayan odyssey registration form, medical form and Indemnity bond. Include copies of the following:
- Driving licence
- Motorcycle registration certificate
- Road tax receipt
- Accident insurance policy
- Medical certificate stating that you are fit to indulge in a motorcycle expedition at a height of 5,600m, height, weight, whether you are prone to diabetes’s or high blood pressure (please include blood pressure reading), asthmatic, or any other heart condition.
- Please mention if you are on any sort of medication or are allergic to any substances.
- Demand draft of Rs. 11,500/- in favour of “Eicher Motors Ltd” payable at Chennai
Please ensure that all documents are valid for the duration of the Himalayan Odyssey 07.
Driving license and insurance should be valid till 15, July 2007 or later
Accident Insurance policy should be valid till 15, July 2007 or later – A mediclaim policy is also recommended.
Foreign nationals need to include a copy of their passport and their valid visa.
For any further details or clarifications please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thiruvottiyur High Road
Chennai – 600 019
There are limited entries available and its on a ‘first come first serve’ basis. Royal Enfield also recently launched a 500cc Bike in India.
A friend of mine on Orkut, has done such a trip with a bunch of his friend’s check his photo album and words here.
Share and Learn: