“If everything goes well & sex is natural & flowing, it is a beautiful experience because you can have a glimpse of the second through it. If sex goes really very deep, so that you forget yourself completely in it, you can even have a glimpse of third through it. And if the sex becomes a totally orgasmic experience you can even have a glimpse of the fourth, Turiya the beyond through it.” ~ Osho
Sexuality is closely associated to spirituality in many ways. Although the topic of sex arouses a strong reaction and is often viewed as an obstacle on the path of spiritual development due to the wild nature of sexual energy. Sexual energy is the primal and creative energy of the universe, it opens our heart to love, and enable us to experience deep meditative states and mystical bliss.
Many wise traditions consider the peak moment of sexual energy the death of the ego. When somebody experiences intimacy and reaches orgasm, we feel vulnerable, defenseless, carefree and there is a sense of timelessness.
These are the characteristics and true nature of our spirit. Living your life with this level of intimacy would allow the creative energy of the universe to merge with your spirit. Wouldn’t that make it important to be aware with who you share this intimacy with?
There is nothing casual about it
But there is nothing such as casual or meaningless sex. When we get intimate with anybody we tend to receive their positivity or negativity and unknowingly incorporate it in our everyday lives.
Even if we do not meet the other person ever again, or if we do have a continuous physical intimacy with our partner, each time we get into the act, we receive a part of their energy into our aura and leave a part of ours into theirs.
So each time we have sex, we create an energy cord with our partner. Their thoughts, feelings, desires, etc., are left as impressions in our aura, which unless cleansed, stays with us.
If the same is done under the influence of alcohol, we lower our natural protective field, which further exposes us to negative & discordant energies. If we have sex with a positive person, we are bound to receive her/his positivity and vice-a-versa with a negative person.
Jeffery Armstrong in his article, The Ancient Art and Science of Sexual Healing says, “..what could be accomplished by bringing the male and the female body together. The answer to this question is physical, biological, vital, mental, emotional, and spiritual. And since our bodies share characteristics with the animal realm, it is obviously possible for us to be pulled in both an upward and downward direction through our endowment of energies.”
Power behind the Act
Sexual energy is one of the most powerful form of energy available to living beings, but it is only man who has the intelligence to truly understand it. If we learn the true art of sexual healing, we can deduce a way to convert sexual energy into creative & healing energy.
Osho in his book ‘From Sex to Supeconscious’ emphasized the presence of God in the act of coitus and closeness to the divine in an orgasm. “The coupling of a man and a woman has a very deep significance: the ego evaporates in this assimilation of two human beings.
A person who really understands the essence of this unity, of this longing for love and oneness, can also comprehend the meaning of yet another kind of unity – a yogi unites; an ascetic unites; a saint unites; a meditator unites. A person is also united in intercourse: his identity merges with that of the other person, and they become one.”
In spite of all these positive connections, we approach sex with indifference, guilt and shame, which devoid us from experiencing its true power.
Our energy system requires constant cleansing in order for it to be balanced and to keep us functioning properly. It is essential that we cleanse our aura of all the negativity and debris from time to time. Here are some simple and easy methods to remove unwanted energies left in your aura body through physical intimacy.
- Sunlight is man’s main food, but since we are unable to directly consume it, we absorb it by way of fruits, vegetable, etc. Therefore, it is best to step out into the sunlight every day for minimum 15 minutes. A conscious thought, ‘I am cleansing my aura of my sexual past’ can be extremely helpful in the cleansing process.
- Water is a natural cleanser, which cleans the body both physically, emotionally and energetically. Therefore, a bath with sea salt or Epsom salt can remove stuck negativity in the body.
- Forgiveness is a powerful tool to release trapped energy in our body. In the case of a hurtful relationship, by forgiving the other person as well as yourself for the act of sex can lead to acceptance and discharge of energy.
- Nature is yet another way to connect to Mother Earth and replenish your energy. Walking barefoot or Earthing is a great way to feel energised, because Earth’s surface contains limitless, natural, healing energy.
- Meditation, when practiced in any form is enlightening and emancipating. It strengthens the aura body and gives the practitioner a sense of knowledge about their energy field. Practicing White light meditation (imagining white light going in and black light out of the body) will also discharge the debris from your aura field.
- Aura cleansing techniques with experts who have the knowledge of various methodologies for aura cleansing and combing is undoubtedly a great way to remove energy blocks, debris, negativity, etc.
The above mentioned techniques are only some measures to reduce the impact of casual sex. But if we want to get physically involved with someone, it is better to weigh the situation first. Sex is not good or bad, it is ecstatic and to truly experience the possibility of connecting higher states of awareness with peak sexual experiences, we have to first understand its significance.
“Sexual energy is not opposed to spiritual energy. In fact they have the same source. But you want your spiritual intelligence to guide and lovingly direct your sexual instincts, rather than have your unconscious instincts guide your thought and behavior.” ~ Deepak Chopra
Reference & Image Source
Subscribe to Our Newsletter!
Irregular updates but we try, we have children you know :)